Stirling Council is reviewing the way community councils operate. Please get involved and provide input. It is an important opportunity for the community to renew and revise how community councils work. If Strathblane community council is to continue after the next elections in Sept 2018, several new members will need to stand to replace retiring members. This consultation is a key opportunity to think about the whole scheme of community councils, and influence the scheme in which the newly elected CC members will work.
The areas which are being considered as part of the first consultation phase would cover:-
- Community Council boundaries;
- representation, including seeking ways to involve a wider age demographic;
- improving communication between Community Councils and other community groups and organisations;
- strengthening the Code of Conduct;
- how any complaints about Community Councils are best addressed; and
- resources and support to Community Councils.
Stirling Council have issued a survey as the first part of this review, and will end on the 29th November 2017. Views will be fed into a report to identify themes and ideas for further investigation and exploration in the second phase of the review.
If you need this survey as a paper copy or in any other format, please contact us on 01786 233076 or email
You can also write to them at-
Community Councils Review,
Democratic Services, Stirling Council, Room 53, Old Viewforth, Stirling, FK8 2ET
or email in your comments.