Stirling Council Media Release – 05.02.21
Stirling Council is asking residents to prepare for potential disruption to travel and to Council services over the coming days with severe wintry weather forecast.
The Met Office has issued Amber and Yellow weather warnings for snow and ice that are scheduled to last until next Wednesday (10 February).
A flood alert is also in force from SEPA for most of the Stirling Council area following persistent heavy rain.
In anticipation of the adverse conditions, and the potential impact on roads and services, the Council has taken the following actions:
- Gritting Teams will be out over the weekend treating Priority 1 and 2 routes, including roads and paths next to Covid-19 vaccination centres.
- Gritting Teams will be ready with snow ploughs if roads become blocked.
- A refill of gritting bins has been carried out.
- Two pallets of sandbags have been placed outside the gates of the Callander and Springkerse roads depots for emergency use. Please adhere to Scottish Government Covid-19 guidance if you need to pick these up.
If the forecast weather comes to fruition, significant disruption is expected on the road network, particularly in the area covered by the Amber Warnings.
Road closures are likely and some Council services such as household waste collections could be affected.
Regular updates on any service disruption will be added to the Council website and social media channels – Twitter and Facebook – as and when they are available. Please check here before calling the Contact Centre.
The current Covid-19 lockdown restrictions also only allow people to leave their home for an essential purpose, so please continue to comply with these measures, especially with the anticipated disruption to roads and transport.
Should the adverse weather prevent you from attending a Covid-19 vaccination appointment, you can reschedule your appointment on the NHS Inform website.
Below are some useful social media links for residents for weather and travel updates:
- Roads – Traffic Scotland
- Railways – ScotRail
- Weather – Met Office
- Travel Advice – Forth Valley Police
- Flooding – SEPA.
- Health matters/Vaccinations: NHS Forth Valley